Some countries in the world contain diseases that are vulnerable to you if not vaccinated. There are many countries in the world that doesn’t allow travel to their nation in this case. You must be vaccinated before entering to protect yourself against these diseases otherwise your wonderfully planned holiday could be over before it even begins.
Here are some examples of destinations that requires inoculation
European nations have strict travel policies against vaccinations to certain destinations. Here are some examples:
- Traveling to Turkey for example. You will need to have an up to date vaccination for Tetanus and Hepatitis A. While the second part isnt required, but to be on the safe side you will need to get vaccinated for Hepatitis B and Rabies as well.
- Yellow Fever is another vaccination procedure required to visit countries like India, Egypt or certain countries in Africa.
The main point is that you will need to get vaccinated in order to plan a trip to certain parts of the world. If you want to know more on the types of vaccination required then you can visit sites like FitForTravel and AdultVaccination.org.
After self research if you are still unsure of the type of vaccinations required for your travel, you may speak to your local clinik or general practitioner, who may be able to administer the vaccination for you.
Some of the most important reasons as to why you should get vaccinated
Getting vaccinated could potentially save your life, when considering the fact that you will be visiting a county that requires immunization against certain diseases. On the other hand, not being vaccinated could potentially harm others around should you by any chance catch the disease due to non compliance.
Some important facts about getting travel vaccination:
- Your insurance won’t be able to cover for your expenses should you contract the disease without being vaccinated despite warnings.
- There is a policy statement that requires you to vaccinate otherwise you would be violating the insurance policy and any claims would be denied.
- The average medical cost is more than USD 2000. In addition treatment cost of tropical or other dangerous diseases can reach in the thousands of dollars. Furthermore, if you need to be repatriated, then the cost will be exponential.
When should you vaccinate yourself before a trip?
You should get yourself vaccinated at least several weeks before your planned trip. This is because some vaccinations that are administered should be done well in advance in order for it to be effective by the time you depart for your travels.
At the end, you need to consider whether you want to risk not getting vaccinated, because this could not only harm you but can cause you to have financial issues to cure yourself, if even curable in a short duration.